Friday, October 16, 2009

Wedding? What wedding?

Sometimes it is hard to imagine that the wedding is actually going to happen...no, not cold feet or anything, just there aren't any constant reminders about it except ones that I construct myself...for example, I made myself watch wedding themed movies----
Made of Honour
Bride wars
Mind numbing as they were, they were a good mid week wake up call to remind myself that I needed to be excited about a fast approaching wedding day...(also, they were a good excuse to procrastinate writing a 10 week preschool program, finishing an assignment and cooking dinner)

Another trick I am currently trialling is to get myself to wear a pretend wedding ring on my finger for a whole day without forgetting it in the bathroom, dipping my hand in paint or food dye at school, taking it off because it is itchy or because one of my school kids wants to try it on.....

I am looking forward to being surrounded by my family and friends once I hit Mumbai and talk incessantly about the wedding...I am not entirely sure if I jinxed myself for saying that out aloud. Eeeps...

Till then, I might as well be content with the calm before the storm. :-)

Noella

No comments:

Post a Comment